Following a terrifying accident involving gasoline that left him with “severe burns” on his face, Jay Leno is making a full recovery from his injuries.
The former host of The Tonight Show, who was injured in a fire that broke out in his garage in November 2022, “had some bad burns from a gasoline fire,” Jay Leno said one day after the event while speaking to Variety about the incident. “I am OK.” I should be back on my feet in a week or two at the most.
According to TMZ, Leno was at his Burbank garage when a gasoline fire broke out. Leno is known for being an avid automobile aficionado and has presented Jay Leno’s Garage since 2015.
Leno was treated at the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles for a period of ten days, during which time he had a number of surgical procedures, including a skin grafting technique. His doctor, Dr. Peter Grossman, told the press, as reported by Page Six, that even though the patient had serious injuries, he was in good health.
Despite the seriousness of his illness, the man from New York spent some of his time at the hospital spreading joy to other people’s children by giving them cookies. According to what the attending physician had to say, “We are really glad to have him as part of our team.”
In the latter part of that month, Leno was discharged from the medical facility.
According to a news release issued by the burn center, which was obtained by CNN, the following statement is as follows: “Jay will get follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest, and hands he incurred after a fire at his home garage.”
“Jay would like to express to everyone how grateful he is for the care that he received, and he is extremely appreciative of all of the good wishes that have been sent his way. He is looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with his family and friends, and he wants to use this opportunity to wish everyone a happy holiday season.
In the press release, Grossman was quoted as saying, “I am delighted with Jay’s development, and I am confident that he will make a full recovery.”
The Grossman Burn Center has published the first photo of Leno to be taken after the incident. In the picture, the Emmys host poses with members of the burn center’s staff.
Before the tragedy, Leno was candid about a previous health concern, which he referred to as his “fight against cholesterol.” “There are quite a few folks milling around…” “They’re basically time bombs,” he said in a video he posted in 2019, referring to both his own diagnosis and the condition of his patients.
“You have a lot of cholesterol, and you don’t notice it until it actually strikes, you know what I’m saying? It’s like how, in an automobile, if even just a little bit of dirt gets in the eye of the needle of the jet, all of a sudden there’s a bang and no more gas can get through. And this is what takes place inside of your chest.”
Jay Leno Burns: What Happened to Jay Leno?
In the middle of November 2022, a gasoline fire broke out in Leno’s Burbank garage. He was gravely hurt and had “serious burns,” as he reported the next day.