What is web 1.0 Internet?
Early iterations of the Internet consisted of a small number of persons creating websites for a vast audience of readers who could acquire facts and information from whatever sources they choose.
Web 1.0 was designed to make it simpler for users to find the information they need. The design of this website prioritized information-seeking visitors. This version of the Internet is sometimes referred to as “the read-only Web” since it lacks the forms, pictures, controls, and interactivity that we take for granted today.
Some Features Of Web 1.0 are:
- It features frames and tables, which are HTML 3 components.
- It consists of static pages linked to each other with hyperlinks.
- The content is not stored in a relational database management system, but rather on the server’s disk.
- There is no interactivity just read-only
What is web 2.0
The term “Web 2.0” does not imply any particular improvements to the internet’s technological infrastructure. Basically, it refers to a transition in 21st-century internet use. New-age participants are more connected and share more information than ever before. The new version enables consumers to engage in the experience rather than merely passively receiving information.
This online form prioritizes User-Generated Content (UGC), usability, interaction, and enhanced interoperability with various systems and devices. Web 2.0 is centered on the user experience. As a result, this Web form was accountable for the development of communities, partnerships, conversations, and social media.
Some Features Of Web 2.0 are:
- This type of web can be used for podcasting, blogging, social networking, and video streaming. etc.
- It includes material that is responsive to user interaction.
- Developed Application Programming Interfaces are used (API) in this type of web.
What is web 3.0
Web 3.0 is always evolving and being defined, hence there isn’t a single accepted definition. In spite of this certainty, decentralized applications and blockchain-based technologies are expected to play a major role in Web 3.0. Machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) will be employed in Web 3.0 to create more intelligent and flexible applications.
Some Features Of Web 3.0 are:
- Its creation makes use of artificial intelligence and machine learning. When put together, these concepts may be used for NLP (Natural Language Processing).
- Web 3 is used for the development of blockchain, Metaverse, NFT, virtual reality, cryptocurrency, etc.
- It allows users to connect openly or privately without an intermediary exposing them to hazards, hence providing “trustless” information.
- It employs 3D graphics. This is evident in computer games, virtual tours, and e-commerce already.
1 thought on “What is web 1.0, web 2.0 and web 3.0 (The Future Of Internet)”