Christmass gift offer image

Video shows wreckage of Titan submersible brought ashore

Titan submersible exploded at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean about two weeks ago, its wreckage has now been brought ashore.

At the port in St. John’s, Newfoundland, where the Canadian Coast Guard is stationed, various pieces of metal debris are seen in recently released photographs being unloaded from the ship Horizon Arctic.

Huge tarpaulin sheets first covered the debris before cranes removed it.

Video shows wreckage of Titan submersible brought ashore

It is thought that the submersible had a catastrophic implosion two miles below the surface of the water when it was attempting to view the debris of the Titanic. The fatalities included three people who were nationals of the United Kingdom.

At one hour and 45 minutes into the two-hour descent to the debris, the vessel lost communication with its mother ship, the Polar Prince. This occurred on June 18, just after the start of the frenetic search and rescue operation that had been planned.

READ ALSO:  19 Commanders vs Seahawks Commanders vs. Seahawks | How to watch, listen and live stream

After losing connection with the vessel for eight hours, it was reported missing.

A roadside billboard advertising Titan submarines at a US Subway location has been criticised as “distasteful.”

Shahzada and Suleman were observed right before they boarded the Titan sub. According to the story, the victims of the Titan sub disaster spent their dying minutes listening to music in the dark.

The search and rescue operation was called off five days later when bits of debris were discovered around 487 metres from the wreckage of the Titanic.

Billionaire Hamish Harding, together with businessmen Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman, who is 19 years old, were the three British residents who were on board.

Yesterday, Shahzada’s wife made the statement that her husband and this woman were “best friends” who “belonged together.”

READ ALSO:  Abby Choi Husband Biography, Wikipedia, Age, Cause Of Death, Family, Net Worth

Paul-Henri Nargeolet, an expert on the Titanic, and Stockton Rush, the chief executive of OceanGate, the corporation that owned the submarine, both perished in the implosion.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) have stated that they are investigating the five deaths, while the United States Coast Guard has begun an investigation into the cause of the implosion to determine what caused it.

After the main support ship for the Titan expedition, the Polar Prince, arrived in St. John’s harbour on Saturday, inspectors from the Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) boarded the vessel to conduct safety checks.

Leave a Reply