Although Ibrahim Osman was born and raised in Sefwi Debiso, he is originally from the town of Bawku. He started his education at Saint Philip’s Preparatory and afterwards transferred to Debiso D/A Junior High School, which is where he completed his BECE exams.
He continued his education at Damongo Senior High School and graduated in 2014. Mr. Osman received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science Education with Economics from the University of Education in Winneba.
Mr. Osman’s dream, in his capacity as the former President of the Student Legal Society at the University of Education, is for up-and-coming youth leaders in the Western North Region to make use of social innovation, collective intelligence, and entrepreneurialism in order to assist in the control and elimination of corrupt practices in a manner that is both more innovative and effective.
His objective is to make young people in the Western North more aware of issues related to corruption, teach them to care about their communities, and inspire them to take action to combat corruption.
He also plans to teach them how to persuade others to care about their areas. Throughout Mr. Osman’s stint as a student leader, during which he frequently appeared and insisted on fostering discussion with younger people, he was spotted on multiple occasions.
in addition to putting an emphasis on the fact that young people have the ability as well as the obligation to improve the culture in the Western and Northern regions.
Experiential Learning in Leadership
During his tenure as a member of the school’s administrative team, Mr. Osman competed for the presidency of the Political Science Students’ Association but was soundly defeated.
He never allowed himself to become disheartened, and he went on to occupy the following positions:
positions prior to his graduation from college.
• Current holder of the position of President of the Student Law Society at the University of Education, Education
• Council Attorney for Possa, Winneba University of Education;
• Participant in the Possa Executive Council as well as the Organization’s Vetting Committee
• Candidate for the position of Election Commissioner for the Civic and Integrity Club
• The prefect of the boys’ division at elementary and junior high schools
• Now working with the Ghanaian airline Passionair as a passenger handling agent. Passionair is based in Ghana.
• Completion of National Service in 2022 with the Ghana Airports Company in Sunyani
• Field Supervisor for the Ghana Statistical Service for the Population and Housing Census of 2021
• An internship opportunity at BIA SHTS in the year 2021
• Served as a trainee instructor at the Uthmaniya primary school in Debiso in the year 2017.
Being a young activist and an anti-corruption crusader, he is of the opinion that the only thing that can change lives and bring about change and development in the Western North is youth that is intelligent, productive, and united.